Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com This is a wonderful clone recipe.
Make and share this TSR Version of Boston Market Butternut Squash by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut squash into quarters and remove the seeds and skin.
- Cut squash into 1" pieces, then place on steamer rack in a large saucepan over boiling water and cover.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When squash is done, mash with potato masher until smooth in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue mashing.
- Let squash rest for at least 10 minutes to let flavors develop.
- Can be reheated in microwave before serving, if necessary.
Delicious squash, and we loved the flavors from the spices. This is the way I plan to make our squash for the holidays we liked it so well!
This was very good. I've never had Boston Market Squash so I don't know if it compares but this is worth doing. This has lots of flavor and is not overly sweet.
This was great - in a pinch, I used one box of frozen pureed squash.