Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Great soup! Just like Big Boy Restaurant
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces ham (cup diced)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Combine the chicken broth, broccoli, onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a large saucepan over high heat. When the broth comes to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. The veggies will become tender.
- Transfer a little more than half of the broth and veggie mixture to a blender. Mix on low speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the blended mixture back into saucepan over medium/low heat. Add the flour and whisk until all lumps have dissolved.
- Add ham and cream and simmer until soup is as thick as you like.
This is the exact recipe I use when i want great Cream of Broccoli Soup. I usually use a really good smoked ham to give it an awesome flavor. This is one great soup!