Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Tastes just like Aunt Jemima's! I found this in Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil; let it boil for 7 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the syrup cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the maple flavoring and stir.
- When completely cool, transfer the syrup to a covered plastic or glass container.
This is the best homemade syrup..You can tell the difference between this and store bought,This One Is Better!!Made to go with Pancake recipe #178757..This is the only syrup we will have from now on..
Very easy to make. I used light corn syrup and brown sugar with a little extra white for a sweeter taste. Excellent!
very nice syrup but wasn't as thick as i thought it would be.