Recipe by Hey Jude
Tastes just like Aunt Jemima's! I found this in Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by Potluck
This is the best homemade syrup..You can tell the difference between this and store bought,This One Is Better!!Made to go with Pancake recipe #178757..This is the only syrup we will have from now on..
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil; let it boil for 7 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the syrup cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the maple flavoring and stir.
- When completely cool, transfer the syrup to a covered plastic or glass container.