Recipe by JustaQT
Tastes just like Applebee's. Created by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
Top Review by CountryLady
As far as taste goes, these were very close to the real thing & we certainly enjoyed them. However, there wasn't enough filling for 10 inch tortillas. Next time, I'll double the bacon, tomatoes & cheese - or use smaller tortillas.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon diced canned jalapeno ("nacho slices")
- 1 slice bacon, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 dash salt
On the side
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Put one tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan.
- Spread the cheese evenly onto the center of the tortilla in the pan.
- Leave a margin of an inch or so all the way around.
- Sprinkle the tomato, onion, and jalapeno over the cheese.
- Crumble the slice of cooked bacon and sprinkle it over the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and a dash of salt over the other ingredients.
- Top off the quesadilla with the remaining tortilla, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
- When the bottom tortilla has browned, after 45-90 seconds, flip the quesadilla over and grill the other side for the same amount of time.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan, and, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the quesadilla three times through the middle like a pizza, creating 6 equal slices.
- Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on the side.