1/5 Photos of TSR Version of Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad by Todd Wilbur
This recipe is from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This actually tastes like the salad from applebees. It is a bit of work, but worth every second!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat.
- 2You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- 3Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer.
- 4Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- 5In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- 6In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 7Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips.
- 8Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- 9Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- 10Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- 11Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- 12Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- 13Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks.
- 14Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle.
- 15Serve with salad dressing drizzled over it or on the side.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TSR Version of Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 2792.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
chow mein noodles