Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This actually tastes like the salad from applebees. It is a bit of work, but worth every second!!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chow mein noodles
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat.
- You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer.
- Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips.
- Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks.
- Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle.
- Serve with salad dressing drizzled over it or on the side.
I'm putting together this salad later today but just made the dressing. All I can say is WOW! So great! Tastes EXACTLY like the dressing they use on it at Applebee's.
The dressing is spot on the salad from Applebee's!
The dressing was exactly what I was looking for. This is one of our favorite salads to order and now I can make it at home.