From www.TopSecretRecipes.com It's all about the sauce with this one. This sweet, tangy and slightly spicy sauce goes perfectly with salmon, but can also be used on chicken or ribs. Just be sure to watch the sauce closely as it cooks in case it starts to bubble over. It's gonna get thicker as it cools, so be sure not to overcook it. If it becomes too thick, just add a bit of water to thin it out.
Honey Pepper Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (without skin)
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients, except salmon, in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side.
At first I was a little concerned at how much salt and sugar this recipe had but then I realized you only put on as much sauce as you like =) This was so yummy!! Next time I will not use one of those large Salmon steaks it was annoying to have to take off the skin. Our grocery store has Salmon in the freezer section with no skin and individually packaged so I will just use a whole bag I believe it comes with 5 salmon fillets. I baked this in the oven like another user did (375-30 mnts.) Also wrapped it in foil first. SO YUMMY!!
We baked a whole fillet with skin at 450 for approx 10 mins..........didn't have enough honey for the sauce so used cinnamon honey and it turned out awesome!! We added the sauce to each individual pc. Served with edamame and other vegies. Looks like we will have excess sauce so will be tryiing on some chicken breasts
Oh yum!! I used the sauce on chicken fillets and it was simply amazing!! I marinated the chicken in the uncooked sauce ingredients for a few hours and then basted with the cooked sauce while grilling.. Served with the leftover sauce on the side.. I will be making this often!! Thanks for the recipe DonnaR!