Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. Another Copycat recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix
- 2 cups ice
- 2 ripe bananas
- whipped cream
- 2 fresh strawberries
- pineapple juice (optional)
- Use a blender to puree the entire contents of the thawed box of frozen strawberries.
- Add 1/3 cup pina colada mix and 2 cups of ice to the blender.
- Cut the end off end banana-- set these pieces aside to use later as a garnish-- then put the bananas into the blender.
- Blend on high speed until the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour into two tall stemmed glasses, such as daiquiri glasses.
- Slice each strawberry halfway up through the middle and add one to the rim of each glass.
- Cut each banana slice halfway through the middle and add one to the rim of each glass next to the strawberry.
- Top with whipped cream and serve with a straw.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits and Shakes (Penguin/Putnam 2002)
5 Stars all the way. I used fresh strawberries out of the fridge but the ice and banana made it think but nicely drinkable. I didn't put the banana bits on the glass, shoot I had trouble getting the berry and whipped cream to fit! The pina colada mix really gave it something special.
Mmm Mmm, delicious. In the words of little miss DD "It's yummy mummy"