Recipe by Mille®
Save money on groceries. When added to vinegar, water, and oil, you get one of the best-tasting homemade instant salad dressings. The dry pectin can be found near the canning supplies in your supermarket. Source: www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 4.92 ml carrot, grated and finely chopped
- 4.92 ml red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3.69 ml mccormick lemon pepper
- 0.59 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml salt or 4.92 ml salt substitute
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml dry pectin
- 0.25 ml ground oregano
To make dressing
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 44.37 ml water
- 118.29 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the carrot and bell pepper on a baking pan in an oven set on 250°F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until all of the small pieces are completely dry, but not browned.
- Combine the dried carrot and bell pepper with the other ingredients in a small bowl.
- The mix can be stored in a sealed container indefinitely until needed.
- When ready to use, pour ¼ cup of vinegar into a cruet or jar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, then add the dressing mix.
- Seal and shake vigorously.
- Add ½ cup of oil and shake until well blended.