Recipe by Mille®
Save money on groceries. When added to vinegar, water, and oil, you get one of the best-tasting homemade instant salad dressings. The dry pectin can be found near the canning supplies in your supermarket. Source: www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 teaspoon carrot, grated and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mccormick lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry pectin
- 1 pinch ground oregano
To make dressing
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the carrot and bell pepper on a baking pan in an oven set on 250°F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until all of the small pieces are completely dry, but not browned.
- Combine the dried carrot and bell pepper with the other ingredients in a small bowl.
- The mix can be stored in a sealed container indefinitely until needed.
- When ready to use, pour ¼ cup of vinegar into a cruet or jar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, then add the dressing mix.
- Seal and shake vigorously.
- Add ½ cup of oil and shake until well blended.