Recipe by tshull777
These are most probably the BEST brownie I have ever made, and chewy like those from a box, but very tasty! try adding nuts too. Yummy!
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 ounces chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons melted clarified butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water, plus
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 whole eggs, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve cocoa powder and espresso powder in boiling water. whisk to dissolve. stir in 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, whisk to dissolve. Add melted butter and whisk. Add vegetable oil and whisk. Add eggs and whisk. Add vanilla extract and sugar and whisk. Add salt and whisk.
- Fold in flour with spatula, fold in semi sweet chocolate chunks.
- Place foil sling in 9 X 13 baking dish. Spray foil with cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan and place on bottom rack for 20 minutes. bang on bottom rack of oven to force air out from between brownies and foil sling. Bake 10 more minutes.
- Let cool completely to firm up in pan before cutting. about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.