- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chile
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and mix together with fork. Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Light the barbecue fire or grill.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, shaped each portion into a sausage about 5cm/2inches long, squeezing each sausage firmly to make it as compact as possible.
- Brush 4 kebab skewer and push through sausage, moulding them firmly on the skewer. Brush kebab all over with oil and place on the grill. Cook kebab over the hot coal for 7-10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices.