Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is great for lunch at work. This will be more of a stoup than a soup.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packagegood season Italian salad dressing mix
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 14 ounces canned black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Mexican-style tomatoes
- In a large sauce pan,add 1 tbls cooking oil.
- Brown meat and onions and drained.
- Cook meat and onions until meat is cook(no pink).
- Add italian dressing mix and chili mix to the meat and onions.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Add can tomatoes, black beans and frozen veggies.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
This did not take long to fix. I did need to make some chili seasoning mix so I used Recipe #38719. It tasted good but I just have never had mixed veggies in my chili before. Thank you for posting. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
I love this for lots of reasons. It's very easy, very delicious, hearty and healthy! The seasonings are just right. My ground turkey was 99% fat free ground breast. At first I thought it would need some liquid, but as it simmered, I realized it was just fine with just the liquid from the undrained tomatoes. Thanx for sharing a great recipe; it's a keeper for sure!