Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very quick and tasty dish to make after a day at work. The kids always enjoyed it, too. I just open a can of fruit to serve with it. Sometimes, for variety, we make it with barbque sauce instead of ketchup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- ketchup, to taste
- 4 -6 slices bread, toasted
- Brown the ground beef (with the peppers and onions if you use them.) Salt the ground beef, to taste.
- Stir in the pork'n beans.
- Add enough ketchup to make the mixture moist.
- Heat through.
- Serve over (or with) toast.
This was such an easy recipe and so good. I made it for DD today. She doesn't eat red meat so I made it with ground turkey. I asked her to rate it and she said 5 stars. Thanks for a great recipe.