Recipe by Trisha W
This is a good company as well as family dish that I have served for 15 years. I tripled the recipe and had a "dinner for 10" a week ago. It was a hit. I am posting this at the request of my guests. There is NO SOUP in this dish. But the ingredients and steps are SIMPLE and EASY for an elegant tasting meal. Your choice whether to use the chicken with/without bones and skin.
Top Review by EC in NJ
I made this with the quick-cook wild rice mix because that's what I had on hand, and it came out fine. However, next time I'd use the "original" version because it has all that nice spinach in it which the quick-cook doesn't seem to have.
- 1 chicken, cut up (or boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 box long grain and wild rice blend (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup cut-up vegetables (your choice - onion, green pepper, celery, mushrooms, carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty wild rice into bottom of casserole pan and sprinkle the enclosed package of seasoning over it.
- Add water and cut-up vegetables.
- Rub butter on the skin side of chicken and lay skin side up on top of rice mixture.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes longer to brown chicken.