Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A few modifications make this classic healthier.
Make and share this Trying to Be Healthy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey, browned
- 15 ounces hot chili beans
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 quarts low-sodium vegetable juice
- 10 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 10 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 20 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 20 slices fat-free bread
- Put spaghetti, ground beef, ground turkey, both types of beans, seasonings and vegetable juice in a 5 quart crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours. Laddle into serving bowls. top with cheese, sour cream and oyster crackers. Serve with peanut butter sandwich.