1/1 Photo of Try This Delicious Pie Crust (Vegan)
"Try this delicious Pie Crust" (sic) was found printed on the back of a generic bag of 'Great Value' flour that I found over at my brother's house while rummaging around in his kitchen pantry. I Cookgirlified the recipe-replacing shortening (or butter) with solid coconut oil and white vinegar with raw apple cider. This will yield enough for a two-crust pie although I cut the recipe in half for this recipe: Buttermilk Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: I used a food processor to prepare the pie crust.
- 2Sift the flour and salt directly into the food processor bowl.
- 3Add the coconut oil to the processor and blend until the pieces are the size of small peas.
- 4Add the raw apple cider and 3 tablespoons of the cold water. Process until the mixture comes together and forms a ball. If it's too wet, add a little more flour (about 2 tablespoons). If it's too dry, add another tablespoon of water.
- 5Gather the ball and wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 6Roll the dough out on a floured board and place in pie pan. Proceed with your pie recipe as directed.
- 7Tip: It was much easier for me to roll the crust out between two pieces of waxed paper.
- 8Bake at 450 degrees 12- 15 minutes or as indicated in your pie recipe directions.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Try This Delicious Pie Crust (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1081.7
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 73.9 g
- Saturated Fat 63.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 875.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g