Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The title is pretty self-explanatory, and I think you'll agree that this is a nice way to spend a summer evening. Kettle (crunchy) potato chips on the side, a couple of home-made cookies or a brownie, some carrot sticks, and you've got a pretty decent brown-bag lunch, too. The original recipe (from Taste of Home, Aug/Sep 09) calls for pumpernickel bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- salt & pepper
Last But Not Least
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices artisan bread
- Combine Bowl 1 ingredients.
- Combine Bowl 2 ingredients; add to Bowl 1, stir to coat.
- Place a lettuce on four of the bread slices; top that with 1/2 cup of salad mixture; finish each with a remaining slice of bread.
- As simple as that!
- How about switching out the cashews for walnuts or pecans? Raisins or grapes (cut in half) for the apricots. Mmm-good!