1 hr 10 mins
A recipe from my good friend Truy. I haven't tried yet, but she said it is delicious and I can't wait to make it for my lovely little one's first birthday in February!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350. Butter and flour bottom of 9in springform pan.
- 2Beat egg yolks with 3/4c sugar until light in color and doubled in volume. Stir in milk, vanilla, flour and baking flour.
- 3In a small bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Gradually add 1/4c sugar. Beat until firm but not dry. Fold white mixture to yolk mixture.
- 4Pour into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes Allow to cool for 10 minutes Remove cake let cool completely.
- 5Mix condensed milk evaporated milk and 1/4 of whipping cream.
- 6Using a fork poke the cake so the milk mixture will absorb into the cake.
- 7Pour the milk mixture onto the cake.
- 8Whip the remaining whipping cream with 2-4T of powdered sugar and 1-2t of vanilla. Spread on cake. I put strawberries on mine but it tastes good without them too.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truy's Tres Leche Cake
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 216.9 mg
- Sodium 247.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g