Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe from my good friend Truy. I haven't tried yet, but she said it is delicious and I can't wait to make it for my lovely little one's first birthday in February!
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Preheat oven 350. Butter and flour bottom of 9in springform pan.
- Beat egg yolks with 3/4c sugar until light in color and doubled in volume. Stir in milk, vanilla, flour and baking flour.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form. Gradually add 1/4c sugar. Beat until firm but not dry. Fold white mixture to yolk mixture.
- Pour into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes Allow to cool for 10 minutes Remove cake let cool completely.
- Mix condensed milk evaporated milk and 1/4 of whipping cream.
- Using a fork poke the cake so the milk mixture will absorb into the cake.
- Pour the milk mixture onto the cake.
- Whip the remaining whipping cream with 2-4T of powdered sugar and 1-2t of vanilla. Spread on cake. I put strawberries on mine but it tastes good without them too.