1/1 Photo of Truvia Coconut Tapioca Pudding
I'm on a sugar-free, dairy-free diet for health reasons (it was a last resort, believe me!) and got sick of soymilk. This recipe is based on Minute Tapioca's classic recipe for Tapioca Pudding. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, whisk ingredients together.
- 2Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Then, bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- 4Boil gently while stirring for 3 minutes, or until tapioca granules are clear and soft.
- 5Remove from heat; add vanilla and coconut if desired. Mixture thickens as it cools.
- 7Note: If you aren't used to sugar substitutes, you might hate the end result! You can try this recipe with 1/3 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Agave sweetener for a tasty treat. I am using Truvia (like Stevia but a more specific part of the plant?) because it is supposed to be "safe" and is plant-derived. It has a slight, licorice-like aftertaste (not as strong as that of Stevia, thankfully) but the nutmeg helps to balance that. *If you are on a anti-Candida diet, this dessert is particularly good because coconut milk is a natural source of caprylic acid, which helps to kill the little guys off.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truvia Coconut Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: