Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Ok, so I haven't actually tried this recipe, yet. My new favorite sugar substitute is Truvia. So I thought I would post this recipe. I will try it soon & post my results.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (3 1/2 g) packetstruvia artificial sweetener
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 4 whole eggs or 4 egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 20 (3 1/2 g) packetstruvia natural artificial sweetener
- Assemble all ingredients.
- Place graham cracker crumbs and Truvia™ into mixing bowl; mix well.
- Pour melted butter and vanilla over crumb mixture; blend until mixture is moist.
- Press crumb mixture into 10" ungreased spring form pan, covering bottom and sides; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place Truvia, cream cheese, Neufchatel and salt into mixing bowl.
- Blend at low speed for 1 minute; scrape sides of bowl and mixing paddle.
- Mixing at low speed, add one egg at a time over 5 minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and paddles.
- Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes while adding lemon zest and juice; scrape bowl and mixing paddle.
- Pour batter into graham cracker crust; bake at 325°F in oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool on wire rack for 1 hour; cut into 12 pieces using a water dipped serrated knife and serve or refrigerate.
I made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving. It was so good. I'll make this again.