Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A velvety smooth carrot soup rich in taste and appearance and low in calories. Good enough for the diet conscious and rich enough for the distinguishing palate.
- 8 large carrots
- 900 ml chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill, l (fresh best)
- Place the carrots and chicken stock in a pot and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Lift the carrots out and cool a bit before placing in a blender with some of the chicken stock. blend until velvety smooth.
- Add the garlic and the dill and reheat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Garnish with whatever you like, I just use a little more dill.
- If you like it a little richer add a tablespoon margarine or if you are not lactose intolerant use butter
- This recipe is easy to do in the crock pot if you do not like watching the pot.