Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You'll know why I call it truth serum after you've finished one of these ! Be careful, they are strong. I avoid margarita mixes, because they seem to taste so artificial--there is no substitute for fresh lime juice. When limes are on sale, I buy lots and juice them all. I freeze the juice in 12 oz water bottles, so it's ready to go for "party time."
- 1 (12 ounce) can limeade
- 1 can fresh squeezed lime juice (use Limeade can)
- 2 cans tequila
- 1 can triple sec
- lime wedge
- Grand Marnier (to garnish)
- Mix limeade, lime juice, tequila and triple sec in a pitcher and refrigerate.
- Serve in salted glasses with plenty of ice--skip the blender, just serve on the rocks.
- Garnish with lime wedge& a splash of Grand Marnier.
The BEST margarita recipe I have ever found. Really fresh, authentic taste (I think from all the fresh lime juice). Beats margarita mix any day!
This really is a truth serum! Potent drink. We use 1/2 can of fresh lime juice, 3/4 can of tequila and 1/2 can triple sec. The regular dose was more potent than we could handle so we adjusted the amounts.