Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 slices rye cocktail bread
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- assorted mustard (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine dressing and horseradish.
- Using half of the butter, lightly brush half of the bread on one side.
- Place on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan, buttered side down.
- Spread the dressing mixture evenly on each slice of the bread.
- Top with corned beef and then cheese.
- Brush remaining slices of bread with remaining butter, and place atop cheese, butter side up.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn, and press lightly with a spatula.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes; cut in half diagonally.
- Serve with small bowls of mustards for dipping, if desired.
I fixed this for DH as a main dish sandwich & served with a salad and the dipping mustard as suggested. We loved the taste! Also they were easy and fast to prepare. I would start with the minimum amount of horseradish, taste, and go from there. I will make these again often!