Recipe by MNLisaB
Real pancakes, no pork rinds or soy flour- made with almond flour, baking powder, eggs, etc. I experimented with a combo of recipes and came up with a winner. I added pecan pieces to the batter, you could add blueberries or anything to make your favorite pancakes.
Top Review by kstor1
These were good. I have made both these and the "pork rind" ones. They both were enjoyable. I make these more like crepes. I make the other's in my "pro waring" waffle iron. We love crepes as there are so many uses for them. The second time I forgot the vital wheat gluten. Found out that it is "vitally" important. It is great to find so many good and different recipes for the "low carb" diet. I am diabetic and it makes all the difference in stabalizing and controlling my blood sugars. Thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup seltzer water
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat and grease pancake griddle, medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together wheat gluten, almond flour, baking powder and Splenda.
- Add the eggs, cream and seltzer and mix lightly until blended.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto prepared griddle, will make 6 pancakes.
- Flip over when golden brown on the underside and bubbles appear on the top.
- Cook for about another 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the underside.
- Serve with your favorite accompaniments- butter, sugar free pancake syrup, as usual.