Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Real pancakes, no pork rinds or soy flour- made with almond flour, baking powder, eggs, etc. I experimented with a combo of recipes and came up with a winner. I added pecan pieces to the batter, you could add blueberries or anything to make your favorite pancakes.
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup seltzer water
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat and grease pancake griddle, medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together wheat gluten, almond flour, baking powder and Splenda.
- Add the eggs, cream and seltzer and mix lightly until blended.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto prepared griddle, will make 6 pancakes.
- Flip over when golden brown on the underside and bubbles appear on the top.
- Cook for about another 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the underside.
- Serve with your favorite accompaniments- butter, sugar free pancake syrup, as usual.
These were good. I have made both these and the "pork rind" ones. They both were enjoyable. I make these more like crepes. I make the other's in my "pro waring" waffle iron. We love crepes as there are so many uses for them. The second time I forgot the vital wheat gluten. Found out that it is "vitally" important. It is great to find so many good and different recipes for the "low carb" diet. I am diabetic and it makes all the difference in stabalizing and controlling my blood sugars. Thank you.
Followed the recipe exactly and the pancakes were wonderful. Recipes like this make my low-carb lifestyle bearable!