Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Like the name says.... if you have never made homemade pizza dough, you will find this recipe simple and delicious! you'll probably never order a pizza again!!
- 3 -4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons quick-rising yeast (or one packet)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- In another large bowl mix milk, water and butter, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add to dry ingredients, adding more flour as needed to form elastic dough.
- Knead and let rise for about an hour. Knead and roll out onto baking stone or pizza pan.
- Cover with sauce, or Italian salad dressing, and top with favourite toppings.
- Bake at 450 F until golden brown.
Easy and yummy! I added some garlic and parsley salt as well as a sprinkling of basil to the dough for extra flavor. Definitely my turn-to pizza dough recipe. Thanks for posting!
This was a very easy recipe to prepare. The base turned out nice and crispy but not heavy. Definitely going to be using this for my pizzas from now on. The only thing I think it needs is a little something in the base, like garlic salt, to give it a bit more flavor.
First of all, the pizzas were really good! On one pizza I used traditional tomato pizza sauce, with mozzerella cheese and pepperoni. On the other pizza, I used pesto sauce, feta cheese, and fresh tomatoes. The dough was a lot of fun to watch while rising. This was my first time to cook with yeast, and it was very simple. I think the next time I use this recipe (which I will) I'll make it into rolls as well. My mom thinks that would have a very good flavor. Also: maybe some basil in the dough would leave it with a nice, spring taste.