Recipe by French Tart
Make your own brandy butter to smother over delicious, homemade Christmas Figgy or Plum pudding, and in only 5 minutes with this easy recipe,..........no Christmas table would be without this "naughty but nice" accompaniment! This is also wonderful when served with hot mince pies......prise open the pastry lids and dollop some brandy butter inside, preferably when they are warm, so the brandy butter runs through the pies! This makes a great gift - pack the brand butter into an attractive pot and add serving instructions. .
- 175 g butter, at room temperature (6oz)
- 175 g light brown soft sugar (6oz)
- 60 -75 ml brandy (4-5 tbsp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium size bowl and whisk together until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the brandy a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place in a container and chill.
- Delicious served over hot mince pies or Christmas pudding.