Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This banana bread has a very rich banana flavor; there is simply nothing to hide it! Its fluffy, tasty, and simple :)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chunky cinnamon applesauce
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream your sugar and butter.
- Next, stir in your yogurt and apple sauce.
- Blend in your mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add your flour mixture to the wet mixture, just mixing until combined.
- Put thick batter into your loaf pan and level the top off.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, until toothpick comes clean when inserted into a few places in the bread.
Really fantastic banana bread!! I used 1/2 cup of splenda in place of the 1 cup sugar called for, and also threw in 1 cup of frozen blueberries at the very end of folding in the flour mixture. This bread came out so moist and full of flavor that it's simply awesome! I need not look further for another banana bread recipe. I will try different fruits other than blueberry to add to the banana in the future.
YUM! Moist and Fruity. I used a mango/peach applesauce and it gave it a nice bright flavor. I liked the fact there were no eggs. I also used nofat vanilla yogurt and it worked great. Also, it uses three bananas, so it's great when you need to use a lot quickly. This is a keeper.