Recipe by Morgan's Mom
This REALLY is quite yummy! I get requests for this every time we have get-togethers! You can also add spinach if you like... just add more cheese or seasonings as your taste buds prefer!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, drained well
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can water chestnuts, whole
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse artichoke hearts, scallions, and water chestnuts in food processor. Be careful not to make it "mushy"! Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and pepper jack cheese in a separate bowl. Blend with hand mixer so the consistency turns out a bit fluffy. (It will make it easier to stir in the artichokes later).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend again.
- Fold artichoke heart mixture into the cream cheese mixture by hand.
- Check for seasonings.
- (You can add a dash of hot sauce, cayenne, or red pepper flakes if desired).
- Place into casserole dish of your choice.
- Bake until a light golden brown/or bubbly (about 25 minutes).
- Serve with cracker, toast points, pita chips -- your choice!
- Sit back and let the rave reviews roll in!