Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sometimes I am given to exaggeration here, waxing rhapsodic over the wonderfulness of a recipe. Here I am actually understating how truly amazing this hot chocolate is. I found the recipe in an old Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk brochure, and when it's cold outside and there are lot of people who need warming up, this is truly the hot chocolate to make!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 1⁄2 cups hot water
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients except for the hot water.
- Place over a medium flame, then slowly stir in the hot water.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- I like to top my cup of cocoa with a dash of cinnamon.
I liked this but it didn't meet my expectations. It really wasn't that creamy. I cut this recipe down for 2 servings and put 1 serving in the fridge to have this morning with my breakfast. I decided I would sample a bit of the cold drink before heating it up and let me tell you, it was awesome when cold! It was just okay for me when hot. I would definitely make this again but to have as a cold drink, not as hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing.
This really is TRULY AMAZING!! I was a bit concerned it would be too watery but it was perfect. I didn't top it with anything and everyone still enjoyed. Thank You! Made for Comfort Cafe- Snow Queens Round.
My DD who is a math teacher reduced the measurements of this recipe for two servings and it is truly amazing flavor. A very velvety smooth cup of chocolate heaven. Thanks for posting!