Recipe by Rita~
YOU deserve to EXPERIENCE these gourmet truffles that are so smooth, creamy, and a sinfully delicious. Kahlua soaked Raisins and toasted Pecan are smothered in Ganache giving you a little texture to bite into as the rich creamy chocolate melts in your mouth. A PERFECT ending to any Day!.
Top Review by Studentchef
This was so good. I've never had gourmet truffles before, so this was a real nice treat. I love having raisins and chocolate together, and every ingredient went well together.
- 2 ounces golden raisins (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup best-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat raisins and Kahlua in microwave oven for 20 seconds dissolve espresso in Kahlua then set aside.
- Place butter and cream in a microwave oven heat until the cream just starts to boil. Remove from microwave oven whisk in chips until melted and combined with cream.
- Reheat in micro if needed for a couple seconds. The ganache will be rich and creamy.
- Combine pecans and Kahlua soaked raisins to ganache. Chill in refrigerated for just a couple hours just till firm enough to shape.
- Mix cocoa and brown sugar and place in a large zip lock bag.
- Fun messy part:.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Adding the ball to the bag as you roll them. Give a shake to coat after a couple ball are made. Place the truffles in the refrigerator to harden for at least an hour and let flavors meld.