Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I havn't changed it at all. The original comments are as follows: This is the recipe where orange chocolate truffles originated from only with variations.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- finely chopped nuts
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar, blending well.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Chill until firm enough to handle.
- Shape into 1” balls and roll in nuts.
- Chill until set and store in refrigerator.
I read here that a member had trouble rolling the truffles into balls. As a suggestion, put the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes and coat a 1" cookie scoop with spray oil. Use the scoop to form the balls, put on a pan and return them to the freezer or refrigerator until they are set. If you would like to coat them with chocolate as a finishing touch, insert a tooth pic into each one before setting. Then the balls can be dipped with chocolate and returned to the frige for a last set. :)
These tasted pretty good. But I only got 9 truffles out of this recipe. Did this happen to you guys?
Trying to roll them into balls was a huge mess. The chocolate melted in my hands. It was difficult to roll them in nuts when both of my hands were filled with melted chocolate. I won't make these again. Too messy!