1/1 Photo of Truffled White Beans
Taken from the January 8/03 issue of The Toronto Star; posted on behalf of a request for truffle oil recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: if you're buying metric, you want the 540 mL can of beans; you're aiming for about 2 cups of beans.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crisp (it will take about 10 minutes or so).
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to drain on paper towels, but leave bacon fat in pan; raise heat to medium high.
- 4Add shallots and saute for one minute.
- 5Now add beans, thyme and lemon juice; stir.
- 6Cook until beans are warmed through, anywhere from two to four minutes.
- 7Return bacon to pan and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Stir in olive oil and truffle oil and remove from heat.
- 9Arrange spinach evenly over four plates and spoon warm bean mixture on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffled White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 220.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: