The high temperature should cook the mushrooms to perfection. Gourmet, April 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a large heavy baking sheet (17 by 14 inches) on lowest rack of oven, then preheat oven to 500°F
- 2Stretch out dough on a lightly floured surface, pulling on corners to form a roughly 16- by 13-inch rectangle (Thin crust is the key.). Transfer to a tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly prick dough all over with a fork.
- 3Slide dough (still on parchment) onto hot baking sheet. Bake until top is puffed and pale golden in patches, 6 to 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven; prick any large bubbles with a fork and flatten. Scatter mushrooms evenly over crust, then season with salt and pepper and lay cheese on top.
- 5Bake pizza until edge of crust is deep golden and cheese is bubbling and golden in patches, 8 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with truffle oil and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffled Taleggio or Fontina and Mushroom Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 825.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white truffle oil