1/1 Photo of Truffled Roasted Mushrooms on Garlic Polenta
Great vegetarian meal complements of Whole Foods. Feel free to mix it up and use a combo of button, shiitake, portabello, and/or oyster mushrooms! This is best at room temperature, so it is perfect to serve as an appetizer for a party! Also great served with a salad as a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F
- 2Bring milk, garlic, pepper and salt to a boil over medium heat. Slowly whisk in cornmeal, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small sheet pan and smooth with a spatula. Set aside to cool.
- 3Toss mushrooms with truffle oil, salt and pepper on a large sheet pan. Roast until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut polenta into rounds. Sear both sides in a hot pan over high heat for 1 minute.
- 5Arrange polenta rounds on a platter and top each with roasted mushrooms. Grate cheese over tops. Garnish with basil and balsamic glaze.
- 6Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffled Roasted Mushrooms on Garlic Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 589.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white truffle oil