It just so happens that my baby sister sent me some white truffle oil. And the next day in my new Cooking Light Magazine it had this recipe...I made it and it is to die for! Going to make this for xmas for sure! It says that a small amount of truffle oil infuses the shole dish with loads of earthy essence...
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. Combine 2 teaspoons thyme and kosher salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Drizzle butter into a 10 inch cast iron skillet coated with cooking oil. Arrange a layer of slightly overlapping potato slices in a circular pattern i pan; sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoons salt mixture and dirzzle with 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil. Repeat layers 4 times, ending with truffle oil. Press potato mixture dirmly to pack down. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes without stirring or moving.
- 4. Cover with foil, abnd bake at 4509 degrees for 20 minutes on bottom of rack in overn.
- 5. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Loosen edges of potatoes with a spatula or knife. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert potatoes onto plate. Sprinkle with remaining thyme and herbs de provance. yum!