Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this was wonderful with filet mignon w/madeira sauce, and broiled lobster tails
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- in a saucepan cover potatoes with water.
- bring to boil, lower to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- drain water, add butter, and mash potatoes, adding milk to make it a nice consistency.
- add salt, pepper to taste.
- divide onto 4 plates.
- top each with a drizzle of truffle oil.
Smells wonderful, and the taste grew on me with each bite. A nice change from the regular, I'll definitely do this again. Don't go out and buy a bottle of truffle oil just for this recipe, but if you have one on hand DEFINITELY give this a try. Thanks for the great idea, Chia.
I was given a bottle of truffle oil by my Recipezaar buddy Terese and wanted to use it. I was suprised at how aromatic the oil made the mash and like FlemishMinx said, the taste grew on me with each mouthful.