Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was served with Christmas dinner at my sister in-laws and I fell in love with the flavour.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped black truffle
- Simmer potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water (enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches) about 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork; remove from heat and drain.
- Return potatoes to pot and stir over medium heat until excess moisture evaporates, about 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher (do not use your electric mixer) until there are no lumps.
- Add half and half and blend well (the amount of liquid needed may vary, so add slowly until potatoes are fluffy and still have body).
- Add butter and truffle oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in chopped truffles.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.