Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Recipe by Anne Burrell (Secrets of a Restaurant Chef) My mother in law made these and I loved these truffled eggs but hubby thought too much truffle oil so you may want to want to start with less truffle oil and add to taste. She didn't have any of the black truffle peelings so I can't say how they taste with the peelings. You'll need a pastry bag if you choose to pipe the filling rather than spoon it in. Since I didn't make them it's a guess on prep time.
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with tap water. The level of the water should be about 1 inch above the eggs.
- Bring the pot to a boil and COVER! And turn off the heat and let sit for 13 minutes-EXACTLY!
- Uncover and run the eggs under cold water if using right away or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks from the whites. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, truffle oil, cayenne and truffle peelings.
- Whip until very light and fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the whites. Sprinkle with chopped chives. If piping, fill the pastry bag with the egg mixture then cut the tip of the bag off to form a hole about 1/4-inch in diameter. Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves.