Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
adapted from pithy and cleaver...a nice fancy twist on an old favorite
- 30 Brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon coarse-cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (I mixed them) or 1⁄3 cup pecorino cheese (I mixed them)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- Preheat the oven to 400?.
- Quarter the brussels sprouts, trimming the root end and tough outer leaves. Spread them out on a baking sheet with the almonds, then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder – toss to make sure the brussels sprouts are thoroughly coated.
- Roast for 35 minutes. Pull the sheet out of the oven, mix them up, and sprinkle the grated cheese over the brussels sprouts.
- Roast for 10 more minutes, until they are tender and crispy around the edges. Scrape them into a serving bowl, and drizzle with truffle oil. Toss to make sure every.single.bite gets a little bit of truffle oil loveliness. Eat the whole bowl by yourself.
Fabulous! Everyone raved....meaning this will be a brussels sprouts recipe that is repeated often!! I love them, but other family members only tolerate them. These were delicious. Made for Culinary Quest Summer 2014. Thanks for sharing!!
Really nice brussels sprouts recipe. We made this for a dinner party and it was easy to prepare, yet a little fancier than the simple roasted version that we usually make. We would have liked the truffle oil flavor to be a little more pronounced, but were unsure if this had more to do with us serving it with a fish that had a strong saffron sauce that maybe we just could not taste it as well. Either way, both we and our guests enjoyed it very much. Thanks! Made for June 2013 Veggie Swap.