Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup glace red cherries, chopped (candied)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (6 oz.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 -3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced, toasted**
- to taste glace red cherries
- Heat oven to 350'F Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients. Beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Spread batter in greased pan. Bake at 350'F. for 26 to 33 minutes or until set. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips and 2 to 3 tablespoons Amaretto; beat until well blended.
- Spread filling mixture over top of cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt l/2 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Carefully spread evenly over chilled filling.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds; garnish with candied cherries.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set; cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
- TIPS: * if using almond extract instead of Amaretto, increase water in brownies to 1/2 cup; use almond extract and 2 tablespoons milk in filling.
- ** To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet. Bake at 350'F. for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in thin layer in microwave-safe pie pan. Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring frequently.