Recipe by thecatergator
My coworker brought these into work and I made sure to get the recipe. These are not rolled into balls so they aren't as labor intensive as regular truffles. They are rich and melt in your mouth.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bagghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (use about 3/4 bag)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bagghiradelli milk chocolate chips (use about 3/4 bag)
- 11 1⁄2 ounces ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 1⁄2 ounces ghiradelli milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened in microwave)
- 2⁄3 cup liquor (I used Bailey's Irish Cream, Triple Sec or Amaretto. I think any fruity liquor would be good)
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- Melt chips in double boiler stirring until smooth. Line a medium sized cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread melted chips over the top evenly to edges. The melted chips should make an even ¼ inch crust. You may need less or more melted chips for the crust. Put in fridge to harden while making 2nd layer.
- 2nd layer:.
- For 2nd layer, melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in melted butter slowly, stirring in between additions. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well with electric mixer. Beat cream cheese and liquor into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Spread this mixture evenly over hardened crust.
- Place back into fridge to harden. When truffles are semi firm, in about 2 hours, cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated over night. Cut into small squares.