Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely-minced shallots
- 2⁄3 cup rich brown sauce demi-glace (homemade or prepared)
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 ounce fresh black truffle, brushed and shaved thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- When bubbly add shallots and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add brown sauce, red wine and truffle.
- Bring to a slow simmer and cook, occasionally swirling pan, until sauce reduces in half.
- Remove from heat, swirl in remaining tablespoon butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with squab, lamb, beef or veal.