Recipe by Sharon123
Pretty little hearts, all coated with pistachios,cocoa, and chocolate sprinkles! Adapted from the California Pistachio Commision.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this pretty much as given here (doubling the recipe) & made some 24 hearts! When it came time to do the dipping I had 4 mixtures ~ pistachios, cocoa, sprinkles AND a combo of all three ~ coating just half of each heart with one of the mixtures! Easy (& enjoyable) to make & great little chocolate fixes for the -holic in me! These will certainly be made again before the end of the year, probably as stars! [Tagged & made as a reward recipe in the PRMR Holiday Special]
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- ground pistachios
- chocolate sprinkles (or candy sprinkles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips, cream and butter in microwave-safe bowl or large measuring cup. Microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until chocolate is melted. Beat with wire whip until smooth and fluffy. Mix in chopped pistachios. Turn into 8 inch square or 6"x 10" pan (or dish) lined with sheet of foil. Chill until firm. Lift chocolate from pan, holding onto foil for easy handling. Cut out heart shapes with small heart cutter, or cut shapes with tip of knife, using a hand-drawn cardboard heart as a pattern. They may soften when being handled, but will firm up again.
- For decoration, dip sides of hearts in extra ground pistachios, cocoa or chocolate sprinkles, then place on platter.
- Any extra trimmings may be rolled into little bite-size balls; roll in ground pistachios, cocoa or chocolate sprinkles and place in candy cups.