Recipe by nascarmom
I got this recipe from Paula Deen's cookbook. I believe they use this in their restaurant. This is a definite chocolate lovers dessert. Very rich. Easy to make.
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 -9 ounce prepared graham cracker crust
Whipped Chocolate Filling
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2/3 cup heavy cream to a simmer.
- Place the 6 oz. chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips
- Let stand for one minute.
- Gently whisk until smooth.
- Spread over bottom of the pie crust.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the whipped chocolate filling.
- Melt the chocolate chips with 1/2 cup cream (either on double boiler or in microwave) until chocolate is just melted, stirring often.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In a chilled bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup cream until thick.
- Add chocolate mix and the vanilla and beat until soft peaks form.
- Spread over the truffle filling in the crust.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving
- Beat 1 cup cream on med. speed until it begins to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie.
- Can top with grated shavings of milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate if you wish.