1/1 Photo of Truffle Omelette - Omelette Aux Truffes
French Tart's Note:
This is a classic recipe, extremely simple and perfect for supper on the day you manage to acquire your first fresh truffle! Truffles have a pungent aroma that permeates the eggs beautifully, even through the shells. Therefore if you plan to make an omelette, store your truffle with your eggs, just a short time of this treatment will make a difference to the flavour of your finished omelette. Make sure your eggs are fresh and treat them lightly, just a gentle whisk with a fork will do. I have to admit to only ever "owning" one TINY fresh truffle - but this recipe will work just as well with French preserved truffles in oil - the bonus being the delectable truffle oil you get to use afterwards......in salads, dressings, omelettes, French cooking & cooking in general!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure your truffle is thoroughly clean, slice it thinly or grate it and poach it in a little water with the salt and pepper, for just four or five minutes.(For preserved truffles, no cleaning in needed, but they need to be drained.) Reduce the water to a dessertspoonful, allow it cool and add it to the cream.
- 2Whisk your eggs, add the poaching water and cream to them and whisk again.
- 3Heat your pan gently & add the butter to the pan, allow it become very hot, but not discoloured, then tip the eggs in & move them around a little until JUST starting to set on the outside. Then add the sliced truffles.
- 4Allow the top to almost set – baveuse - fold and serve immediately.
- 5Serve with a fresh green salad, some warm crusty bread and a good bottle of French red wine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffle Omelette - Omelette Aux Truffes
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 448.5 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: