Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Truffles are very expensive so this is a great way to stretch the truffles. You can use it by drizzling sparingly over your favorite pasta, risotto, omelet, crusty bread, or top a green salad.
- Clean the thyme well with a damp cloth.
- If you submerge in water to clean, spin dry immediately. Make sure there is no water on the herb.
- Pour the olive oil into a small, heavy saucepan, then add truffles, thyme and peppercorns.
- Clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan.
- Heat the oil over medium-low heat until the thermometer registers 200 degrees F.
- Cook at 200-225 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle, cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 months.
Excellent truffle oil! The thyme and peppercorns add a nice extra dimension. Very tasty! Thanks Rita! Made for ZWT 4.