Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
These could easily be mistaken for dark chocolate truffles, if it wasnt for their larger size... They taste delicious, and though it requires a little work, you'll get better at making them as time goes on.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 10 ounces dark chocolate (good quality)
- 1 cup whipping cream (not heavy whipping cream)
- Preheat the oven: 350 degrees F.
- Place all of the first six ingredients of the list into a large mixing bowl; combine.
- Add next six ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat with an electric or stand mixer until ingredients are smooth.
- Add the coffee, and mix for 2 more minutes at moderate speed.
- Grease a cupcake pan and fill each space up 1/2 full. (It is better without paper cupcake liners, just grease it and/or flour it well.).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Break up the 10 oz. of dark chocolate into a large bowl.
- Heat up the 1 cup of whipping cream over the stove at medium heat until it's almost at a boil. Pour into the bowl of chocolate chunks and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Clear out enough space on a counter and line it with waxed or parchment paper.
- Take each cupcake and immerse in the liquid chocolate. Allow each one to soak in some of the liquid chocolate and then place on the wax/parchment paper.
- After half an hour, transfer them onto a serving platter and refrigerate for one more hour or overnight.
- Enjoy each as is, or with fresh whipped cream. Be sure to let me know how much you like them!
WOW! These are stunningly rich. Definitely succeeds at imitating dark and decadent chocolate truffles. Although the recipe might seem really really time consuming, complicated, and long, they're actually super simple to make. The reason the recipe's long is because it goes into extreme detail, just to ensure we all make the recipe precisely and accurately. Just a note: be really careful while removing cupcakes from the pan. And really, do not skip the step of greasing the muffin pan. Try these! They're way worth it!!