Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A low fat cookie from cooking Light. The humble sugar cookie gets all dressed up to resemble a truffle. Prep time does not include freezing dough.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened) or 4 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 ounce white chocolate
- Cookies: Lightly spoon flour in a measuring cup and level with a knife.
- Combine with baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir well and set aside.
- Beat butter with a mixer until creamy and add sugar, vanilla, and egg white.
- Continue to beat with mixer until mixture is creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Turn out dough onto wax paper and shape into a six inch log.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice log into 1/4 inch pieces and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes and cool.
- Icing: Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Add milk and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spread over cookies leaving a small border around the edges.
- Place chocolate in a heavy duty food storage bag and microwave for 1 minute or until chocolate is soft.
- Knead bag until chocolate is smooth.
- Snip a small hole in the corner of bag and drizzle chocolate mixture on cookies, so that they resemble truffles.