Recipe by michEgan
This is a very good cookie. Easy and everyone will love them. For something different, you can also sprinkle on coconut too. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does.
Top Review by Me Be KT
This is almost identical to the recipe I posted titled Grandma's Scotch Fancies (mine calls for one egg yolk). They are very good; we've enjoyed these cookies for years. A nice twist is swirling melted white chocolate over the bars right before cutting.
- 1 cup soften butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together: Butter,brown sugar,egg, vanilla.
- Blend in the flour.
- Spread onto a greased cookie sheet about 1/4 inches thick (wetting your hands or spatula makes it easier to spread).
- Bake 350 degrees 12 to 15 minutes or till light tan. Do not over bake.
- Take cookies out of the oven and put chocolate chips on top.
- Return to oven for about 1 minute.
- Take out and spread the chocolate chips over the top of the cookie.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts, cool and cut into bars.